What is Hardware/Software Codesign?
- According to IEEE DASC Codesign Study Group the term codesign can
be defined as following:
“HW/SW codesign is a design methodology supporting the concurrent
development of hardware and software (cospecification, codevelopment
and coverification) in order to achieve shared functionality and performance
goals for a combined system.“
- " Hardware/software co-design means meeting systemlevel
objectives by exploiting the synergism of hardware and software through
their concurrent design" -- De Michell, G.; Gupta, R.K.; ”Hardware-software
codesign”, Proceedings of the IEEE,Volume: 85, Issue: 3, March 1997,
Pages:349, - 365.
- Codesign is the concurrent development of hardware and software.
- Codesign is the cooperative design of hardware and software components.
- Codesign is the unification of currently separate hardware and software
Codesign and SystemC
Maintained by Min He
Designed by Min He
Computer Engineering and Computer Science
California State University Long Beach
Copyright 2004, All Rights Reserved
Last modified: Tuesday, 03-August-2004